IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE E-DEMOCRACY, EQUITY AND SOCIAL JUSTICE 2010
Freiburg, Germany, 26 - 28 July 2010(http://www.edemocracy-conf.org/ )
part of the IADIS Multi Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (MCCSIS 2010)
Freiburg, Germany 26 - 31 July 2010
Conference background and goalsThis conference aims to encourage and foster efforts of researchers and practitioners by sharing cutting-edge research, innovations, models, theories and strategies that address issues and challenges related to cultivating online communities for grassroots democracy, equity and social justice.
Format of the ConferenceThe conference will comprise of invited talks and oral presentations. The proceedings of the conference will be published in the form of a book and CD-ROM with ISBN, and will be available also in the IADIS Digital Library (accessible on-line).
Best PapersSelected authors of best papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers to selected journals (i.e. IADIS International Journal on Computer Science and Information Systems - ISSN: 1646-3692) including journals from INDERSCIENCE Publishers.
Types of submissionsFull and Short Papers, Reflection Papers, Posters/Demonstrations, Tutorials, Panels and Doctoral Consortium.
All submissions are subject to a blind refereeing process.
Topics for this conference include, but are not limited to:Citizenship
*Unleashing the power of citizens in developing countries to use the Internet to drive their own social & political development agenda
* Achievement of equity by bridging the digital divide and promoting critical and digital literacies
* Provision of effective online platforms for meaningful participation of citizens
* Optimization of wider access to democratic dialogues through successful community cultivation
* Enhance the benefits of social development interventions through the use of digital, wireless and mobile
technologies for cultivating communities to conduct inquiry and socio-political action
* Facilitating sustainable grassroots, bottom up co-created solutions and approaches to leadership, human rights,
and civil society development
* Reports and reflections on the successes and failures of deploying e-mentoring strategies for raising political awareness, civic consciousness and community cultivation
* North-South, South-South, and public-private partnerships and collaboration for co-creation of online communities
Community Ownership & Strengthening
* Studies of efforts of involving citizens as stakeholders in initiatives to promote democracy, social justice and equity
by strengthening their capabilities and promoting their involvement in online communities.
Important Dates:- Submission Deadline (1st call extension): 24 May 2010
- Notification to Authors (1st call extension): 14 June 2010
- Final Camera-Ready Submission and Early Registration (1st call extension): Until 30 June 2010
- Late Registration (1st call extension): After 30 June 2010
- Conference: Freiburg, Germany, 26 - 28 July 2010
The conference will be held in Freiburg, Germany.
IADIS Secretariat - IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE E-DEMOCRACY, EQUITY AND SOCIAL JUSTIVE 2010
Rua Sao Sebastiao da Pedreira, 100, 3
1050-209 Lisbon, Portugal
Web site: http://www.edemocracy-conf.org/
* Program Committeee-Democracy, Equity and Social Justice 2010 Conference Program Chairs
Gurmit Singh, The 3-Os Research & Consulting, Singapore/Switzerland
Maggie McPherson, University of Leeds, United Kingdom
General MCCSIS 2010 Conference Co-Chairs:
Piet Kommers, University of Twente, The Netherlands
Pedro Isaías, Universidade Aberta (Portuguese Open University), Portugal
Dirk Ifenthaler, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Germany
Nian-Shing Chen, National Sun Yat-sen University, Taiwan
for committee list please refer to http://www.edemocracy-conf.org/committees.asp